MoreMiami Guide’s Summer Concert Picks 2012!
The summer of 2012 will probably go down in Miami concert history as the Summer of Giants, with at least two major celebrity concert tours pooling their resources and sharing their audiences. One is JLO, Enrique, Wisin & Yandel. The other is the Gigant3s Tour, with Marc Anthony, Marco Antonio Solis and Chayanne.
MoreMiami offers a list of summer concert picks for every taste, from classic rock, soul music, to Latin pop. The list is chronological, and is subject to late additions and changes, as dates are added. It is not meant to be all-inclusive, and, like Miami, it is multi-lingual!
- 6/28/12, Boston: The 70’s rock group Boston is a legendary American rock group. Known for having a very identifiable and distinct sound, they will be playing live in South Florida this summer. 8PM, Hard Rock Live, Hollywood, FL, http://www.hardrocklivehollywoodfl.com/events.php
- 6/29/12, Coldplay: Arguably the sound of the 2000’s British rock-group Coldplay is easily one of the biggest acts playing on the international stage for the last decade or so. If you like contemporary rock on a “world-class” level, you will enjoy seeing a real band without all the hoopla. 7PM, AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL, http://www.aaarena.com
- 7/1/12, Earth, Wind and Fire: You can’t go wrong with EWF. Arguably, the top rhythm and blues act of the 70’s whose songs are as musically relevant now as they ever were! …Just timeless. 8PM, Hard Rock Live, Hollywood, FL, http://www.hardrocklivehollywoodfl.com/events.php
- 7/2/12, Al Green: The Reverend Al Green, now there’s a must see. When it comes to the seduction department of soul music, this is the man! The Reverend sets the standard for romantic crooners of all musical genres. 8PM, Hard Rock Live, Hollywood, FL, http://www.hardrocklivehollywoodfl.com/events.php
- 7/14/12, Enanitos Verdes in Concert: The legendary rock band Los Enanitos Verdes are like the Led Zeppelin of Spanish rock. Their heavy, but slick-clean sound set the standard by which Spanish rock groups are measured. They are a very tight band with seamless guitar-riff transitions that turn on a dime. 8PM, The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami Beach, FL, http://fillmoremb.com/
- 8/3/12, Gigant3s Tour: Marc Anthony, Chayanne, Marco Antonio Solis: These giants of Latin music are a music sensation. Their concert is one of the most anticipated music event of the summer in Miami. 8PM, AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL, http://www.aaarena.com
- 8/31/12, Enrique and JLO: Fans of these pop music superstars will have the opportunity to see this entertainment powerhouse in action. Known for their spectacular stage shows, “each artist plans to give fans the ultimate summer concert experience.” 7:30PM, AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, FL, http://www.aaarena.com